What You’ll Need:
- Dawn dishwashing liquid (the blue kind).
- A spray bottle
How To Make:
1. Heat 1.5 cups of vinegar until very hot, almost boiling.
2. Carefully pour the hot vinegar into a spray bottle and add 12 ounces (1.5 cups) Dawn original dishwashing liquid.
3. Shake it up until mixed.
How To Use:
1. Spray the tub and shower area with the Vinegar/Dawn mixture until the entire surface area is coated.
2. Allow the cleaner to work its magic for 10-20 minutes.
3. Use a cleaning cloth to wipe down the tub/shower area. Dirt and grime should wipe off easily. Rinse tub/shower area thoroughly with water.
Every time I use this DIY cleaner, I am amazed with the results. My tub gets filthy because of the kids, and I normally have to scrub and scrub and scrub to get it all clean. Now that I use the Vinegar/Dawn, it cuts right through the dirt so it wipes off as easy as anything. The rinsing part at the end can get a bit sudsy (because of Dawn’s soap bubble action) but everything quickly rinses away, leaving a squeaky clean tub. This recipe is a keeper for sure!
Have you ever cleaned your tub and shower with a Dawn/Vinegar mixture? Try this homemade cleaner recipe for yourself and let me know how well it works for you.