- To make the quesadillas, you’ll need:
- 4 large flour tortillas.
- 2 C.Of Mexican-Cheese Blend.
- 1/2 C.Of drained fire-roasted corn kernels.
- 1/2 C.Of cherry tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 1/2 C.Of black beans.
- A small diced avocado.
- Limes wedges+ fresh minced cilantro, for garnish
- AND FOR THE STEAK, I USED:
- 1lb/500g Of sirloin steak.
- 1 TSP.Of ancho chili powder.
- 1/2 TSP.Of paprika.
- 1/4 TSP.Of onion powder.
- 1/4 TSP.Of ground Mexican oregano.
- 1/4 TSP.Of sea salt.
- 1/4 TSP.Of cumin.
- 1/4 TSP.Of garlic powder.
- 1/4 TSP.Of cayenne pepper
I preheated the furnace to 450 degrees F. With a piece of parchment paper, I prepared a baking dish.I mixed all the spices and salt together in a small bowl to make the steak. I covered the steak generously with the seasoning combination.I heated two tablespoons of olive oil over medium-high heat in a large skillet. No longer than 3 minutes per side of sear beef.I removed from heat when prepping quesadillas and let rest for 5 minutes.On the prepared dish, I put 2 tortillas and I sprinkled each one with 1/2 cup of cheese.
I placed the tomatoes, black beans, corn, and avocado on top.I sliced the steak thinly against the grain. On top of the filled tortillas, I put the slices.I sprinkled all quesadillas equally with the remainder of the cheese and top with the remaining tortillas.I baked for 10 minutes in the oven till the cheese is melted and the tortillas are cooked up.I removed them and sliced them before they cooled.Step 10:I served with lime wedges, sour cream, and guacamole, and I topped with the fresh cilantro.